Dolen Teifi Community Transport – Ammanford Lottery Project worker
(Ein Cyfle I Deithio / Our Opportunity to Travel)
Llandysul and Pont Tyweli Ymlaen are a third sector Community Transport organisation, that have recently been awarded grant funding to expand their community transport provision In Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion.
Post: Project Co-ordinator
Salary: £15,000 per annum (Pro rata)
Hours: 17 hours per week
Contract Term: Fixed Term for a period 12 months
(The post will involve occasional work in the evenings and weekends for which time off in lieu is allowed).
Responsible to: Llandysul a Phont Tyweli Ymlaen Development Manager
Work Base Primarily Llandysul office, and occasionally to work from other centres.
Drivers Licence: Essential + D1 desirable
Travel: Access to transport essential. Travel expenses reimbursed for approved duties.
Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus statutory public holidays
Probationary period: Three-month probation period.
Aim: The project will provide a dedicated fully accessible community transport service primarily but not exclusively for community groups in the Ammanford area.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To promote and develop the aims and objectives of Llandysul a Phont Tyweli Ymlaen by extending and developing new travel opportunities in the Ammanford areas helping to reduce social isolation.
- Manage successfully all aspects of the day to day running of the project including volunteers and new members, minibus bookings.
- Work with a broad range of partners to promote and market the projects services.
- Recruit volunteer drivers; organize MiDAS (Minibus driver awareness scheme) and other relevant training.
- Develop and manage the project ensuring long term sustainability.
- Ensure the project meets the outputs, indicators and outcomes stated in the funding application.
- Enhance Community Transport group services making it accessible to a wide range of community and disability organizations.
- Integrate the project with existing public transport, whenever possible.
- Arrange awareness presentations and talks to ensure the buses are being used by all sectors of the community.
- Monitor and evaluate the project and provide progress reports for reporting purposes.
- Organize bi-monthly meetings with key stakeholders and users to monitor and improve the project, exploring long term sustainability.
- Promote equal opportunities and ensure that the views of marginalised groups are represented in the work of the project, noting in particular the issue of stigma.
The content of this Job Description represents an outline of the post only and is therefore not a precise catalogue of duties and responsibilities. The Job Description is therefore intended to be flexible and is subject to review and amendment in the light of changing circumstances, following consultation with the post holder. Other tasks may be added at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The employee will be required to provide a Disclosure and barring service check and will be required to work within the policies and procedures of the organisation.
Trafnidiaeth I Bawb / Transport for All
Rod Bowen (Development Officer)
Old Post Office
Office :- 01559362403