Banks launch dedicated over 70’s helplines.
Several of the major high street banks have contacted Age UK to share the measures they have put in place to support their older customers during the COVID-19 crisis.
Below are the phone numbers of the banks that have set up dedicated phone lines for their customers that are over 70 or are more vulnerable – which aim to provide a faster service. These phone numbers are not publicly available, but the banks have given permission for us to share with older people who contact us, who are their customers.
Please note that if customers are confident at using the internet and have access to it, the banks are recommending this channel, as it will still be quicker than calling.
Dedicated over-70s phone lines:
- Bank of Scotland: 0800 0859179. Lines open from 8am to 6pm, 7 days a week.
- Halifax: 0800 0859137. Lines open from 8am to 6pm, 7 days a week.
- Lloyds Bank: 0800 056 0045. Lines open from 8am to 6pm, 7 days a week.
- NatWest: 0800 051 4176. Lines open from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.
- Royal Bank of Scotland: 0800 051 4177. Lines open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.
- Ulster: 0800 092 4238. Lines open from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.
- Ulster ROI: 1800 656 001. Lines open from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.
Please note that if a bank’s details are not listed above, it is either because they have not set up a dedicated phone line for older customers or have not shared these details with us.