Carmarthenshire 3rd Sector Environment Network
Wednesday 4th September 2019 10am -12pm
CAVS 18 Queen St Carmarthen SA31 1JT
First meeting of the new Carmarthenshire 3rd Sector Environment Network.
Agenda (to be confirmed)
- Briefing from Natural Resources Wales on the development of the South West Area Statement
- Climate Emergency
- Environment and Well-being
- Information sharing
- The purpose/form of this group
The aim of this network will allow 3rd Sector organisations involved with environmental issues to share information and to collaborate to achieve common goals.
The meeting will also to allow groups to follow the progress made by the Healthy Habits PSB delivery Group in the implementation of the Carmarthenshire Well-being Plan*
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Under the Well-being and Future Generations Act, Carmarthenshire PSB was charged with creating a Well-being Plan for Carmarthenshire.
The actions specified in the Well-being plan are being taken forward by 4 PSB delivery groups:
- Healthy Habits – Healthy Environment Delivery Group – Environmental & Climate Change Risk Assessment
- Early Intervention & Prevention Delivery Group – Changing the Model of Delivery
- Strong Connections Delivery Group – Innovative Community Assets
- Prosperous People & Places Delivery Group – Procurement Procedures / Education & Employment
There will be representation from the 3rd sector on these delivery groups.
In order to ensure that the 3rd sector is involved in the implementation of the Well-being plan and that the 3rd sector voice is heard CAVS will set up new networks to mirror these PSB delivery groups.
These networks will allow 3rd Sector organisations to be updated on the progress of the delivery groups and to be able to feedback and input to them through CAVS and other 3rd Sector representatives.