Dementia Friends Champion Training day (Free) 01.11.18
Thursday November 1st , 9am – 4pm
Meeting Room 5, Building 2,
Saint David’s Park,
Jobs Well Road
Tea and Coffee available, please bring your own lunch.
Please book your place via the Alzheimer’s Dementia Friends web site,
What is a Dementia Friends Champion?
A Dementia Friends Champion is a volunteer who encourages others to make a positive difference to people living with dementia in their community. They do this by giving them information about the personal impact of dementia, and what they can do to help.
It’s easy to get involved. Dementia Friends Champions will attend an induction, receive support when they need it, and be part of over 10,500 volunteer Dementia Friends Champions creating dementia friendly communities together.
You don’t need to have any particular experience or skillset to be a Dementia Friends Champion, but you do need to understand what’s involved :
To be a Dementia Friends Champion you need to:
- Genuinely have the time to run Dementia Friends information sessions and reach around 100 people
- Be over 16 years old
- Be a good communicator and speak objectively about dementia
- Enjoy talking to groups of people
- Have access to the internet and be willing to record the number of Friends you reach by the website
- Keen to set up information sessions in workplaces and your local community
- Enthusiastic about Dementia Friends
- Voluntarily attend a whole day induction