Dolen Teifi Community Transport – Project Co-ordinator
Llandysul and Pont Tyweli Ymlaen are a third sector Community Transport organisation, that have recently been awarded grant funding to expand their community transport provision In Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion.
Collaborative Communities project
Post: Project Co-ordinator
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract Term: Fixed Term for a period of 3 years.
(The post will involve occasional work in the evenings and weekends for which time off in lieu is allowed).
Responsible to: Office Manager and Llandysul a Phont Tyweli Ymlaen Board of Directors
Work Base Llandysul office, could be an opportunity to work from other centers
Drivers Licence: Full licence with D1 entitlement essential
Travel: Access to transport essential. Travel expenses reimbursed for approved duties.
Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus statutory public holidays
Probationary period: Three months
Aim: The project will provide a dedicated community transport service for community groups in Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion and provide support to community transport operators to develop their own group transport services within those areas.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To promote and develop the aims and objectives of Llandysul and Pont Tyweli Ymlaen by extending and developing new travel opportunities in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion, helping to reduce social isolation.
- Manage all aspects of the day to day running of the project including volunteers, recruiting new members, minibus bookings and overview of vehicle maintenance.
- Work with a broad range of partners to promote and market the projects services.
- Recruit volunteer drivers; organise and deliver MiDAS (Minibus driver awareness scheme) and other relevant training.
- Identify funding opportunities to further develop and manage the project’s long-term sustainability.
- Ensure the project meets the CSCDS (Cooperation and Supply Chain Development Scheme) outputs, indicators and outcomes stated in the funding application.
- Develop Community Transport group services making it accessible to a wider range of community and disability organisations.
- Integrate the project with existing public transport, whenever feasible.
- Arrange awareness presentations and talks to ensure the buses are being used by all relevant sectors of the community.
- Monitor and evaluate the project and provide progress reports to the Board and funders.
- Provide development support to other community transport operators to develop their group transport services.
- Organise Forums for stakeholders to monitor the project.
- Promote equal opportunities.
The content of this Job Description represents an outline of the post only and is therefore not a precise catalogue of duties and responsibilities. The Job Description is therefore intended to be flexible and is subject to review and amendment in the light of changing circumstances, following consultation with the post holder. Other tasks may be added at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The employee will be required to provide a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and will be required to work within the policies and procedures of the organisation.
Rod Bowen (Development Officer)
Old Post Office
Office :- 01559362403