Drop In Events: A Major Trauma Network for South and West Wales and South Powys
NHS Wales Health Collaborative have been working with doctors, nurses and independent experts to develop proposals for a new major trauma network across South Wales and now want to know what you think. They want to develop services to give you an increased chance of survival and better recovery and quality of life if you suffer a major trauma anywhere in south Wales (this includes south and west Wales and south Powys).
To help you share your feedback (by Monday 5th February 2018), they have developed a public consultation document which explains:
- what they mean by major trauma and a major trauma network
- why they think we need a major trauma network in the South Wales region and what this could look like
- what the proposal is for establishing a major trauma centre in Cardiff and a large trauma unit in Swansea
- how the development of a major trauma network may affect you, wherever you live in South Wales.
You can find the consultation document and more information about the plans on the website at: www.publichealthwales.org/majortraumaconsultation
We will be are holding a number of public events across the three counties in Hywel Dda University Health Board to share the proposals for the major trauma network and there will be the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback.
These will be drop-in events and will be open to the public to call in any time from 3pm until 7pm as follows:
- Tuesday 12th December 2017 at the Picton Centre, Haverfordwest, SA61 1UG
- Wednesday 13th December 2017 at the Carmarthen Community Education Centre, Carmarthen, SA31 1EU
- Tuesday 16th January 2018 – Ceredigion event to be confirmed