Grow Wild funding
Grow Wild connects people to nature and each other by funding creative and innovative ideas, focused on UK native wildflowers plants and fungi. We support community groups and organisations to bring imaginative, and engaging projects to life.
We help to improve the environment and people’s wellbeing by encouraging them to be active, take notice of what’s around them, learn new things, and give back to their community.
Grow Wild Community Project Funding
Grow Wild is awarding grants of £2,000 or £4,000 to groups across the UK to deliver projects in their community focused on UK native wildflowers, plants and fungi.
We aim to have projects that:
1. focus on UK native wild flowers, plants and/or fungi, either through planting or as inspiration, and will help people understand the importance of these native species for the environment and our lives.
2. Have the potential to reach a at least 300 people
3. Will work with one or more of Grow Wild’s target audiences:
- Young people aged 12-25
- Communities living in urban areas
- Communities experiencing some disadvantage or reduced access to services
- Adults who are less engaged with their community and environmental activities
4. Create opportunities for people to connect with, learn something new and give to help each other and nature.
5. Have an idea that is introducing something new, e.g. a new, unlikely location, new group of people or creative way to engage your audience.
Applications for funding will close at midday on Monday 10 December 2018.
Grow Wild youth projects provide young people aged 14-25 with £500 funding to do something creative and collaborative, inspired by UK native plants and fungi. Over 150 young people have led projects so far.
Grow Wild funding can help young people to improve their CV or personal statement, make connections with their community, develop new skills and help raise awareness of nature.
A panel of young people from across the UK will meet at each point to decide which projects to fund.
Our Youth Project funding is part of a rolling programme, which means you can apply at any time. However, there are set points during the year when applications are reviewed.
Contact Grow Wild
If you have any questions about the process or would like to discuss your project idea with the Grow Wild Wales Engagement Manager.