Setting priorities for social care research in Wales
How can we best provide sustainable care and support to help older people live happier and more fulfilling lives?
What is the aim of this project?
Health and Care Research Wales and Social Care Wales want to identify research priorities for the social care and support of people aged 65 and over. They are working in association with the James Lind Alliance, using their method for prioritising research.
They recently asked people for their comments and questions about social care and support for older people in Wales. They summarised these into questions that could be answered by research.
They would now like to ask for your help in deciding which questions are the most important. You don’t need to know about research – they just want to hear your opinion based on your own experience.
How to get involved
Please take part in the survey. if you
– are aged 65 and over or are who receives care or support
– are a volunteer or family member who provides that care.
– work in the social care sector in Wales, including:
- People working in a care home or supported living, and community care providers
- Social care professionals working for Local Authorities and private companies, such as care workers, social workers, occupational therapists and advocates
- Senior managers and policy leads for social care
- People working in the third sector organisations and community groups, including volunteers, who give care and support to older people and unpaid carers
- Personal assistants
It will take about 10 minutes to complete and is open from 29 July to 24 August 2020. https://www.healthandcareresearch.gov.wales/news/help-set-social-care-priorities-for-older-people-1/
If you can, please support and encourage others to take part. We are happy to receive submissions based on group discussions about the survey questions, especially for those who are unable to complete an online survey. We want to ensure a wide range of voices have a chance to be heard. If you are able to collaborate us and help to champion the survey in any way, please contact email@example.com.
What you think matters
When research happens in future, we want it to be research that makes a real difference to the lives of older people in Wales and which improves the quality of the care and support they receive.
Your real life experience and questions about social care are at the heart of this project.
Thank you for your help.
For more information visit the Health and Care Research Wales website https://www.healthandcareresearch.gov.wales/news/help-set-social-care-priorities-for-older-people-1/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org