Lluest Horse and Pony Trust – Trustee Vacancies
Lluest Horse and Pony Trust is one of only two National Equine Welfare Council member charities in Wales. Founded in 1985 Lluest, meaning ‘haven’ in Welsh, strives to provide a place of safety and rescue to horses and ponies who have been victims of abandonment, cruelty and neglect on our 40-acre farm in the Brecon Beacons, South Wales.
Role purpose: Lluest Horse and Pony Trust is looking for new trustees to join their Board with experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, governance, legal, fundraising, PR or charity management.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for the strategic direction and overall governance of Lluest Horse and Pony Trust’s charitable work, developing the organisations aims, objectives and goals in accordance with good governance and all legal and regulatory guidelines.
Duration: Initial two-year term
Hours: Minimum requirement to attend bi-monthly (six) Trustee Board meeting per annum plus preparatory work for all meetings and other projects as agreed with the Chair of the Board.
Reports To: Chair of Trustees
Location: Currently meetings are run on Zoom although in future should be able to attend physical meetings in Carmarthenshire (Llangadog area) otherwise home based.
What we are looking for:
- We expect all Trustees to bring your expertise, experience and commitment to support Lluest Horse and Pony Trust.
- We are looking for Trustees with a strong belief in animal welfare specifically that of equines.
- The minimum commitment is attending bi-monthly Trustee meetings (currently on zoom), although we would expect trustees to be active in supporting staff and trustees outside of specified meetings.
- We need all our Trustees to fully understand the legal responsibilities of their role.
- If you have specific skills and/or experience in finance, governance, legal, fundraising, PR or charity management we would particularly welcome you to become a Lluest trustee.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Commitment to the vision of Lluest Horse and Pony Trust
- Excellent level of literacy and numeracy
- IT skills and report reading and interpretation
- Diplomacy skills
- Team player
- Own PC/Tablet
What difference this role will make:
Lluest is governed by a small group of trustees and by joining the trustee team you would help to ensure that Lluest is well-governed and led strategically ensuring that we continue to have a proactive and positive impact of equine welfare in South Wales.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 16th October 2020.
Application process: Please send a covering letter (and cv if you have one) detailing your relevant experience and what you would bring to becoming a Trustee for Lluest Horse and Pony Trust.
To apply or for more information please email: email@example.com