NEW! – ‘Skills for Sport’ workshops
Could your community benefit from –
- Getting young children more active?
- Running fun structured activities for young children?
- FREE training and support?
If yes, then why not get involved with our ‘Skills for Sport” programme?….
What is it?
It’s a programme that helps groups deliver their own physical activity sessions to children within their own community!
We can support your community group in setting up and running sessions for young children by providing volunteers with the necessary skills and resources.
Why do it?
- Opportunity for children to take part in physical activity from a young age close to home/within familiar environment
- Develops a child’s basic physical skills such as run, jump & throw which they will be able to use when playing any sport at an older age
- A chance for children to become confident and motivated from a young age to take part in physical activity through fun activities
- Raise the profile of your community
- Upskill new or existing volunteers within the community
How it will work for your group?
We will work with your group to see how the Skills for Sport programme can work for you…
If your group already provides activities for younger children, then you can easily incorporate ‘skills for sport’ into them, such as part of the warm up and skill based element.
If your group doesn’t provide activities for younger children, then ‘skills for sport’ can be introduced to provide fun skill based sessions.
What your community group will get?
- A taster session to see what it’s all about
- Opportunity for volunteers to attend a 3hr workshop*
- Mentoring by the Actif Communities team
- Sport Wales Resource Pack
- Support and advice on applying for a Community Chest (link to our page) Grant for equipment and resources
- Continuous support and advice
Contact us to find out more..AYPEast@carmarthenshire.gov.uk
*Dates for the workshop
21st of October 2019 – Amman Valley Leisure Centre, 6pm-9pm
10th of February 2020 – Llanelli Leisure Centre, 6pm – 9pm
11th of May 2020 – Carmarthen Leisure Centre, 6pm-9pm
To Register – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/skillsforsport