Pencader Family Centre
Opening Times:-Tuesday – 9.00-3.00 Wednesday – 9.00-12.00 Thursday – 9.00-3.00
The Centre is a thriving fun place where children 0-4 years, and their parents/carers, can enjoy an exciting and stimulating environment to play and learn in. The staff from the centre offer support and advice for parents and carers.
- Courses are also provided regularly for parents to attend, such as Positive Parenting, Stepping Stones Behaviour Management, baby massage, Language and Play and many others.
- We also go on trips such as the Botanic Gardens Freaky Friday Event, the seaside, Krazy kids and others.
- We also hold local events throughout the year for families to attend, such as Valentines, Disco, Christmas Fair and Halloween Party.
- We have Lunch club once a week with freshly prepared home-cooked meals to share as a group.
- In the school holidays we are open for children up to 10 years old accompanied by a parent/carer.
- For those local parents who want support in attending the centre we have an outreach worker who can do home visits.
- On Wednesday we collect orders for a low cost fruit and vegetable food co-op for collection on Thursday.
The Centre staff are: Trevor the Co-ordinator, Julia the Playworker and Netty the Outreach/Playworker
Currently looking for … a food co-operative volunteer, a budding gardener and someone to help with cleaning the centre. If interested in volunteering for Pencader family centre please contact CAVS 01267 245 555
Tumble Family Centre
Centre manager – Tracey Hughes 01269844562
Tumble Family Center is located in Woodlands Park, Heol Y Neuadd in Tumble.
We are open at the following times:
Monday: 3.30pm-5pm Clwb Gwaith catref (Homework Club) – a bilingual homework club.
We read with the children, do educational activities and have great fun. A free snack is provided too.
Open to children 0-11 years. Feel free to bring younger siblings.
Tuesday: 10am – 12pm – Babi a Fi – for parents with babies up to 12 months old. A chance to meet other parents with young babies in the local area. We have visits from professionals and local health visitors who will give advice and guidance. We also a representative from Twf who visits on a regular basis who will provide fun activities and songs based around the Welsh language. 12pm – 3pm – Closed
Wednesday: 9am – 3pm – Open Play – open to all parents and young children (plus older siblings in the holidays!) This session includes breakfast at 10 then a walk (weather permitting) a healthy snack and drinks in the afternoon and lunch for both children and their parents at a cost of £1.50 per adult and £1.00 per child.
Thursday: 9am – 12pm – Open Play – open to all parents and young children (plus older siblings in the holidays!) This session includes breakfast at 10 a healthy snack and drinks in the afternoon and lunch for both children and their parents at a cost of £1.50 per adult and £1.00 per child.
Currently looking for fundraisers, trustees, maintenance/handperson/gardener, volunteers for one off day out