Signs4Life: deaf awareness and sign language workshops
This coming year, Signs4Life are offering deaf awareness and sign language workshops in Wales.
This might be of interest to your staff and volunteers, in their work with vulnerable service users, families, and colleagues.
We can come to you, or alternatively, we also offer remote learning via Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Award-winning Signs4Life is leading efforts towards a society in which people with disabilities have full access and are working to raise the public and political awareness of disability provision.
Our courses are multidisciplinary, and can be catered for service providers, management, and service users.
- Identify the barriers that deaf and hard of hearing people face
- List the ways in which deaf and hard of hearing people communicate
- Understand and demonstrate how to implement positive methods of communication, and offer an equal service to deaf and hard of hearing people.
- Recognise basic everyday signs (Good morning/afternoon, do you need any help? what is your name? please, thank you, let me help you)
- Apply the finger-spelling alphabet
- Explore the deaf community & culture
The cost for our half-day workshops is £450 (£400 for schools/charities/NHS), for up to 18 people attending.
Additionally, due to the success of this year’s national Deaf Awareness Week, we have launched a NEW accredited program, which is a longer work-based BSL program.