Tir Dewi – Project Intern x 2
Llechi, Glo a Chefn Gwlad – One-Year Fixed term role
Ideally Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion or Powys
Full Time – Salary £17,500 p.a.
Tir Dewi is a charity operating in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion & Pembrokeshire providing support to farmers who are experiencing difficulties via a freephone Helpline and on-farm support work.
We are part of a Wales-wide project which is coming together to explore ways to support and grow local economies and communities. The project’s aim is to support local people who have ideas they want to test out that might bring local people together to do something for the area with a focus on the support that Tir Dewi provides. We will be focusing on the Powys area.
- Meeting with current volunteers at Tir Dewi in west Wales and assessing the nature of support currently provided.
- Meeting with community leaders, stakeholders and partners in Powys to gain views on the nature of support required there.
- Scoping the extent of current provision – what is provided, by whom and how.
- Leading the creation and management of social media engagement to support the project.
- Working with the Tir Dewi team to plan for the integration of the new project into the existing Tir Dewi service and infrastructure.
- Farming community background or at least empathy with, passionate about local communities, farming and supporting those with needs.
- Welsh speaker with persuasive, empathetic communication skills.
- Able to travel independently (please note, some lone working will be involved).
- Ideally located in the Carmarthenshire area with access to west Wales and Powys. The ability to work at home would be useful.
- Self-motivated, self-organised.
This role is due to commence in January 2020 but is subject to funding approval.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter (detailing why you are a good fit for the post) to email@example.com by 5pm on Sunday 3rd November 2019.