Valuing Carmarthenshire Trustees
Meeting for Carmarthenshire Trustees
This meeting is on Zoom
05.11.20 at 11am or 7pm
- Overview of New Guidance available for Trustees
- This is also an opportunity for Trustees to share experiences and ideas and discuss any issues affecting them during this crisis.
Please register to receive joining instructions at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/cggsg-cavs-12107044188
From Monday 02.11.20 onwards the Charity Commission is launching revised, shorter and clearer guidance for Trustees – a set of quick-read “five minutes guides” on key topics like:
- Roles and purposes,
- Decision making
- Conflicts of interest
- Relationship with the Charity Commission.
During the COVID-19 pandemic many trustees have contacted CAVS for governance advice and information on things like
- revising constitutions to check they are still fit for purpose;
- updating policies on financial reserves, safeguarding, or risk management;
- holding AGMs and other meetings;
- induction or training for new trustees.
Some organisations have adapted well. Other trustees have struggled to change to online ways of working, especially ones who are ‘digitally excluded’ or who furloughed their staff. What have been your experiences during lockdown?
Please join us for a Trustees Zoom-meeting on Thursday 5 November either in the morning at 11 a.m. or the evening at 7 p.m. We will provide a brief overview of the new guidance for Trustees, and an opportunity to share experience and ideas of trusteeship.
Please register at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/cggsg-cavs-12107044188